Monday, July 09, 2007

Needle Felting

So while I was at the fiber festival I decided I was going to try needle felting. I got some books from the library, but I've been kind of avoiding it. I was intimidated.

I shouldn't have been

Needle felting is both awesomely cool and fun but also pretty easy.


Just make sure you don't do it when you're pissed off....
These are a custom order. She picked out the blue/green yarn (100purewool, btw) and asked for hibiscus flowers in a dark pink.

I had SO much fun doing these and it's not too difficult at all.

Of the books I got from the library, I would recommend Needle Felting: Simple Techniques, Beautiful Projects, by Linda Lenich and Jennifer Kooy Zoeterman the most, followed closely by Indygo Junction's Needle Felting: 22 Stylish Projects for Home and Fashion, by Amy Barickman. Both have good explanation of the technique, and both have some projects that are cool and some that are just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment