Friday, November 05, 2010

Surprise

Wednesday morning I had actually caught up on all my work by 11 am, for the first time in weeks. Finally marking off the list from the previous week, I decided I'd earned a break, and I was going to ignore all the blanket squares and knit.

I've been wanting to make an Adult Surprise Jacket ever since I'd been to camp. I kind of had NaKniSweMo in the back of my mind, so when I finally had time to work on it, I picked out some Peace Fleece from my stash and spent some quality time with my copy of The Opinionated Knitter, paper, pencil, and calculator.

I knew I wanted to make alterations to the pattern, because the boxy look is way better on babies, and that has been the one thing keeping me from knitting that sweater immediately.



By the end of the day I had a sleeve and had cast on for the second one. Love.

(And I do realize that this means I am now working on 4 sweaters. Shut up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment